The 1932 Trinity Image
In 1932, Don Basilio Murillo, a resident of the soon to be named Santisima Trinidad Street, donated the patronal image of the newly renamed parish and church of Santisima Trinidad.
The image was made by the artisans of the famous Talleres Maximo Vicente and was patterned after the traditional iconography found in novenas to the Trinity – an image of the seated God the Father, with the Son on His right, and the Holy Spirit as a dove on top and center of both Father and Son.
For many years, this image was enthroned right at center of the main altar of our parish church. As the main altar grew larger and larger, the image of the Trinity seemed to become smaller and distant.
Then one day, the image disappeared from the center of the main altar.
~ by Martin Gaerlan on July 23, 2006.
Posted in Trinitarian Iconography